Company Name: Affinity Services
Specialty Maori and Pacifika Men’s groups
LOCATION: Central Auckland
HOURS: Permanent, Part-time 16 hours per week (with some flexibility, and possibility of additional casual work in other team settings including weekend shifts)
We offer on-going opportunities for long term career development, you will be challenged to achieve the best in you and make a real difference in the community and in people’s lives.
About us: Affinity Services is an NGO who provides a diverse and innovative range of community mental health services in Auckland. It is an organisation of considerable diversity, both in the services it provides and the staff it employs. Kupenga Ora team provides innovative programmes within community settings.
About the role:
• Facilitating arts, cultural, health and wellbeing groups
• Supporting people 18-65 years in their recovery journey
• Assisting people with accessing community resources
• Applying Te Whare Tapa Wha holistic health model
• Background experience in working with Maori and Pacifika men
• Positive strength-based attitudes towards recovery
• Group facilitation aptitudes and abilities
• Willingness to learn and collaborate with others
• Compassionate and caring
• Full and clean NZ Driver’s Licence
• Permanent NZ residency status
• No criminal convictions under the Vulnerable Children Act 2015
• Partial or full qualifications in mental health, social work or education
• Would suit a student who is currently studying for one of the above qualifications.
We can offer:
• Comprehensive in-service training, ongoing mentoring and coaching
• Positive team vibe and work environment
• Experience relevant to studies and a career pathway
Job description attached
Applications close on Monday 31 July 2017.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post to HR Coordinator, PO Box 11072, Ellerslie, Auckland 1542. For more information, please ring, Gabriela on 09.5314040 extension 9332 or 0274 843 121.